Thursday, March 31, 2011

The POD edition is out

The print-on-demand edition of The Library Book is ready, and available! I am very pleased with it, and I hope everyone will buy and read it. On the Amazon site, search "The Library Book John Fiske," and it'll pop right up.

I ordered a copy last week, and it arrived today. I showed it to the clerk at the post office and she could not tell that the book was POD. I raised the price from $19.95 to $22.00 (although I paid the old price for my own book!) The shipping was around $3.40.

Altogether, I've been quite pleased with CreateSpace's service, and the quality of the product. (CreateSpace is Amazon's POD affiliate).  I strongly believe that the POD business model is correct for The Library Book, as demand for the book is uncertain, and yet the book will be continuously available, or in print.

So, go to Amazon's site, and order a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment