Saturday, February 19, 2011

Almost Done

The second edition of The Library Book is almost ready for publication. I decided to use Amazon's CreateSpace to produce the book because almost everyone thinks of Amazon when they buy a book. Last week someone purchased a copy of the first edition; that person automatically went to Amazon. CreateSpace was not at all expensive to me, and with production, printing, credit card fulfillment, and shipping all under one roof, I felt it was the best way to go.

The print-on-demand model also makes sense. In the first edition, my cellar was a book warehouse. I was also the handler and shipper. Amazon is well constructed to be a printer, a warehouse, a shipper,  a handler, and I'll make more money to boot!

CreateSpace does not hold your hand. You have to remember to check the Project Homepage, and you have to make sure they do not make any mistakes. Their customer service teams are responsive, though, and I have no complaints with the service.

No comments:

Post a Comment